On March 21st, the Washington Nationals held their annual Media Day. What’s exciting this season?
Team representatives and vendors showcased some of the new food and drink options coming to Nationals Park this year, including specific plans to use only compostable and recyclable food/drink packaging. And a new program to install 4,080 solar panels (working with WGL Energy Systems) that will provide 10% of the energy that Nationals Park uses. Pretty cool sustainability initiatives by the Nationals.
We’ll take a peek at the food and drink later, but now for something completely different.
This year the Nationals are upping their game, and releasing eight bobbleheads throughout the season. That’s legit.
The first 25,000 fans to each of these games, scores a Nationals bobble to add to their collection. You need new ones to replace your Harper bobbles, right?
- Friday, April 12 – Juan Soto Bobblehead (Pro tip: This will be the first time Juan will be immortalized bobblewise. After a stellar break-out rookie season, he deserves it.)
- Wednesday, May 15 – Trea Turner Bobblehead (Pro tip: Trea is doing his signature jumping move when he throws. See the photo.)
- Friday, June 21 – Max Scherzer Bobblehead (Pro tip: Max had maybe the best season as a pitcher last year (but can’t take anything away from deGrom winning the Cy Young with his amazingly low ERA). Max is incredible and I predict another Cy Young Award for 2019.
- Tuesday, July 2 – Adam Eaton Bobblehead (Pro tip: This is Adam’s first bobble as a National.)
- Saturday, August 17 – Patrick Corbin Bobblehead (Pro tip: Our newly acquired pitcher will get his first bobble treatment as a National. We expect very big things, since he’s getting $140 million over 6 years.)
- Friday, September 13 – Anthony Rendon Bobblehead (Pro tip: The Nationals will be playing the Braves as the season winds down, let’s hope this game means something.)
The first 10,000 fans to each of these games, gets these two extra special bobbles.
- Saturday, May 25 – Captain Zimmerman Bobblehead (Pro tip: Ryan Zimmerman is Captain America on MARVEL Super Hero™ Day! Check out the photo. There will be a lot of other Marvel related activities that day as well.)
- Saturday, June 16 – Obi “Sean” Kenobi Bobblehead (Pro tip: Star Wars theme alert! Our closer, Sean Doolittle does a little cosplay.)
The Nationals will also feature five (five!) games with fireworks, a lumberjack hat, a beach bag, a puffy vest, and the ever popular annual Oktoberfest Beer Stein, among other things. Pups in the Park returns six times, and there will be multiple College Days for local universities/colleges. 14 College Days to be exact. See below.
See the full calendar of promotions and special nights and get your tickets here.
o West Virginia University – Friday, April 12 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
o Howard University – Tuesday, April 16 vs. San Francisco Giants
o James Madison University – Tuesday, April 30 vs. St. Louis Cardinals
o American University – Thursday, June 13 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
o University of Virginia – Friday, June 14 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
o University of Maryland – Monday, June 17 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
o College of William & Mary – Friday, July 26 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
o Virginia Commonwealth University – Saturday, July 27 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
o Old Dominion University – Monday, August 12 vs. Cincinnati Reds
o Radford University – Friday, August 16 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
o Virginia Tech – Saturday, August 17 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
o George Washington University – Tuesday, September 3 vs. New York Mets
o Georgetown University – Wednesday, September 25 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
o George Mason University – Friday, September 27 vs. Cleveland Indians