Some cool things, but also a few that suck.
Canada is coming! Poutine is here from Air Canada! (Eater DC)
Buffalo and Bergen is moving to Mass Ave (from Union Market). (Popville)
A DC Journey had a solid run of concert reviews over the last month, including Mary Chapin Carpenter, Andrew Bird, The Beths, Brian Fallon, All Things Go Fall Classic, and many more! Have a read. (Concert Reviews)
Taco City DC opened on 8th St. SE (Barrack Row) across from The Brig. Tacos are good. (The Hill is Home)
Atlas Brew Works releases a new beer, RFK Untapped, to help promote the RFK revitalization plan. (Eater DC)
Speaking of new beers, Hellbender is turning 4 and Bluejacket is turning 5 years old, and both are releasing new beers. Also, DC Brau has a couple new ones. Hope you’re thirsty this weekend.
* Hellbender in cans: Groundskeeper Islay Scotch Ale (aged in One Eight Distilling whiskey barrels) (9.2% ABV)
* Bluejacket in cans: 2018’s Double Mexican Radio: Bourbon (13.0% ABV) an imperial milk stout.
* Bluejacket in cans: 2018’s Mad World (13.0% ABV) also an imperial stout.
* DC Brau in cans: Your Pet Cow (7.0% ABV) another barrel-aged imperial stout
* DC Brau in cans: Cross Quarter Days (8.6% ABV) a barrel aged Belgian stout
Federalist Pig was featured in an episode of House of Cards! Because BBQ is good, and theirs is excellent! (Eat This)
There’s a new rooftop bar on The Wharf at the Intercontinental Hotel. (Washingtonian)
Another Chick-fil-A in DC? Don’t mind if we do! In Dupont, no less. (Popville)
Justin’s Cafe down in Navy Yard closes. Sad. (Popville)
D.C. United lost their playoff game to the Columbus Crew. Ugh.
Stanton & Greene on Penn Ave SE is now closed. Oiy. (Popville)
The 2018-19 NBA basketball season has started. Lame.
Idle Hands, along H St. NE, is confirmed closed via Twitter (along with Atlas Arcade). Bummer. (Barred in DC)