Are you ready for the 33rd Annual Filmfest DC?
The 2019 edition of the DC International Film Festival begins on April 25th, and will feature 80 films from 45 countries over 11 days in five different venues.
Find the full list of films here.
This year’s festival will showcase films that appeal to foodies, or films about crime and espionage, or comedies or international music. You can’t go wrong.
This year’s Circle Award nominees (the winner is voted on by a jury of four as the best film from the festival):
* The Accused (Argentina, Mexico) directed by Gonzalo Tobal
* Hugh Hefner’s After Dark: Speaking Out in America (Canada) directed by Brigitte Berman
* Our Time (Mexico) directed by Carlos Reygadas
* Profile (USA, UK, Russia, Cyprus) directed by Timur Bekmambetov
* Simple Wedding (USA) directed by Sara Zandieh
* Tel Aviv on Fire (Luxembourg, France, Israel, Belgium) directed by Sameh Zoabi
Find tickets to all screenings here.
AMC Mazza Gallerie (5300 Wisconsin Avenue NW)
Landmark’s E Street Cinema (555 11th Street NW)
Embassy of France (4101 Reservoir Road NW)
National Gallery of Art (4th Street & Constitution Avenue NW)
Ben’s Chili Bowl (1213 U Street NW)