Definitely check out this cool event to commemorate International Women’s Day.
International Women’s Day is Friday, March 8th, and many local women (culinary experts, small business owners and a reporter) will participate a discussion called ‘Dainty Doesn’t Do It’.
Open to all, the discussion will cover such topics as they relate to DC as: the local talent pool, achieving gender parity, combating harassment, entrepreneurship and other relevant issues impacting women in the food, beverage, hospitality and lifestyle workforce.
The event is free from 6-8pm, but requires a RSVP due to limited capacity.
The panel starts at 6:30, and the moderator is Amanda McClements (Salt + Sundry and Little Leaf owner) and the panelists will be:
* Shamim Popal, The Popal Group, co-owner + chef
* Kristin Zamfotis, Gregorys Coffee, Director of Marketing
* Shizu Okusa, JRINK, co-founder
* Maria Font Trabocchi, Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants, co-owner
* Lavanya Ramanathan, The Washington Post, features reporter
RSVP to Dainty Doesn’t Do It (before March 4th) here.
La Pop DC (1847 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC)