Definitely check out this cool event to commemorate International Women’s Day.
International Women’s Day is Friday, March 8th, and many local women (culinary experts, small business owners and a reporter) will participate a discussion called ‘Dainty Doesn’t Do It’.
Open to all, the discussion will cover such topics as they relate to DC as: the local talent pool, achieving gender parity, combating harassment, entrepreneurship and other relevant issues impacting women in the food, beverage, hospitality and lifestyle workforce.
Hosted by Gregorys Coffee and La Pop DC, there will be the excellent complimentary coffee, drinks and small bites.
The event is free from 6-8pm, but requires a RSVP due to limited capacity.
The panel starts at 6:30, and the moderator is Amanda McClements (Salt + Sundry and Little Leaf owner) and the panelists will be:
* Shamim Popal, The Popal Group, co-owner + chef
* Kristin Zamfotis, Gregorys Coffee, Director of Marketing
* Shizu Okusa, JRINK, co-founder
* Maria Font Trabocchi, Fabio Trabocchi Restaurants, co-owner
* Lavanya Ramanathan, The Washington Post, features reporter
RSVP to Dainty Doesn’t Do It (before March 4th) here.
La Pop DC (1847 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC)