The 2018 edition of the National Book Festival hits the Washington Convention Center on Saturday, September 1st.
Why attend the National Book Festival? It’s free and you like books. Plus there is a whole day’s worth of author talks with the opportunity to buy their books and get them signed.
Here are a few notable authors I’d be interested in hearing from:
* Dave Eggers @ Main Stage (Ballroom BC) 10-11am – I’ve read four books by Dave Eggers, including the powerful Zeitoun, about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
* Mark Bowden @ Understanding Our World (Room 146) 11-11:45am – I’ve read many of Mark Bowden’s books, and I recommend them all.
* U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor @ Main Stage (Ballroom BC) 11:25am-12:25pm
* Amy Tan @ Main Stage (Ballroom BC) 2:15-3:15pm – I haven’t read any of her books yet, but enjoyed some of the film adaptations.
* Isabel Allende @ Main Stage (Ballroom BC) 6:20-7:20pm – I’ve only read one of her books, Daughter of Fortune, but keep meaning to try others.
There are many, many more authors, across many genres, so you can easily find something of interest.
Here is the full schedule.
Download the 2018 app to help plan your day!
Or find a map of the event here.
Free. 9:30am – 7:30pm
Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001)