Washington Nationals Media Day! What did we learn about bobbleheads?
On March 26th the Nationals held their annual Media Day to show the press around the stadium and see what’s new and discuss all the promotions coming in 2018.
2018 is also the year the Nationals will host the MLB All-Star Game. More later.
The first 25,000 fans to each of these games, scores a sweet Nationals head-nodder!
- Friday, April 13 – Sean Doolittle Bobblehead (Pro tip: Sean is the Nats closer. He had 21 saves with the Nats in a partial 2017 season but now will have all of 2018 to shine.)
- Friday, May 4 – Max Scherzer Cy Young Bobblehead (Pro tip: Max won his second Cy Young Award and first with the Nats in 2017.)
- Friday, June 8 – Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead (Pro tip: Ryan had his ‘Ryanaissance’ with the Nats in 2017, e.g. he came back into top form.)
- Friday, July 6 – Bryce Harper Bobblehead (Pro tip: Bryce had a down year in 2017 with an injury, but still hit 24 HRs.)
- Friday, August 3 – Anthony Rendon Bobblehead (Pro tip: This will be the first time Anthony has been immortalized as a Nats Bobblehead.)
The Nationals will run a number of other promotions and giveaways including: a Nationals Tote Bag on May 2; Star Wars Day with Stance Socks (Han Solo in Carbon Freeze) on May 5; a Game of Thrones Figurine on August 11; a Hawaiian Shirt on August 17; and the third annual Oktoberfest Beer Stein (presented by Budweiser) on September 21.
They will also do a monthly series of Decade Nights, one for each of the last five decades. They’ll have decade appropriate bands at the Budweiser Terrance, and when you buy a beer at the Terrance Bar, there will be T-shirts given out while supplies last.
Saturday, May 19 – ’60s Night
Saturday, June 23 – ’70s Night
Saturday, July 21 – ’80s Night
Thursday, August 2 – ’90s Night
Saturday, September 1 – ‘2000s Night
See the full calendar of promotions and special nights and get your tickets here.
3 thoughts on “Sports Pick: Media Day and a Peek at Nationals’ 2018 Bobbleheads”