Some cool things, but also a few that suck.
The concept and video for the new Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge is awesome. But where are Bardo and the Dock 79 sand volleyball courts? (Concept)
Two new parks are coming to NoMa! (NoMa Parks Foundation)
District Winery, and it’s restaurant Ana, opened on Wednesday in Navy Yard, August 30th! All the wines.
Donburi’s second location opened on Monday, August 28th. (Washington City Paper) And we liked the curry katsudon at the original location! Read here.
The District Department of Transportation’s Back in Time historical photo collection is fascinating. (DDOT Back in Time Photos)
Blue Bottle Coffee is open in Georgetown. Very modern and spare space right next to the C&O Canal. The New Orleans iced coffee was good.
El Riconcito II re-opened on Thursday, August 31st! (PopVille)
Recent DC beer releases. We love beer!
- DC Brau German-Style Oktoberfest Lager 2017 (Märzen, 5.5% ABV) -Releasing over Labor Day Weekend.
- Atlas Brew Works’ Dance of Days in cans (Pale Ale, 5.7% ABV)
- Solidarity Beer for DC Beer Week 2017 hosted by Right Proper (Brett IPA, 6% ABV)
- 3 Stars D is For Diamonds (IPA, 4% ABV)
- 3 Stars Technicolor Life (Imperial IPA, 8% ABV)
- 3 Stars Jabberwocky Superfly (Imperial IPA, 8.3% ABV)
- 3 Stars Trouble in Paradise (Sour Ale, 6.5 ABV)
- DC Brau Heurich’s Pre-Prohibition Lager (American Amber, 7% ABV)
And don’t forget Snallygaster is coming to The Yards on September 23rd! Sneak peek.
The devastation of Hurricane Harvey. Let’s pray for Houston and Louisiana, but let’s also help the victims in any way we can. Check this NY Times piece for ideas on where to donate. (NY Times)
Don’t forget about the flooding that has devastated South Asia. (NY Times)
Your DC Breeze fell 29-26 to the Toronto Rush in the AUDL playoffs. Still, congrats on a great ultimate frisbee season!
Bryce Harper’s knee injury. Shit! Hope he can make it back in time for the Nationals’ playoff run.
The Game of Thrones pop-up bar is now finished. I didn’t go. Oh well. But our Cocktail Guru Sean did, so you should reminisce on what he had to say.